ABOUT CAELUS HEALTH
Caelus Health is an Amsterdam-based biotech company with in-depth knowledge of the microbiome, dedicated to the development and commercialization of microbiota-based products to prevent and treat cardiometabolic disorders, including Diabetes, and other unmet medical needs.
The company has built a strong patented-protected proprietary position for the treatment of Diabetes Mellitus Type 1 and Type 2, cancer cachexia and auto-immune diseases.
Caelus Health builds on the experience of leading scientists in this field and is one of the very few companies that can effectively capture the value of Microbiome Therapeutics through their solid preclinical and early-stage clinical development approaches.
- January 2022: Matching grant for clinical study of synergistic effects of A. soehngenii and metformin in Type 2 diabetes – issued by Dutch foundation for cardiac research and rehabilitation (“Hartstichting”)
- October 2021: Publication on a clinical study which elucidates the Mode of Action of A. soehngenii and confirms the positive impact on glycemic control; published in Gut
- August 2021: Publication on Newly identified commensal Anaerostipes with positive impact on metabolic health; published in Nature Communications
- June 2021: Review article on the potential beneficial effects of Fecal Microbiota Transplantations in human metabolic diseases; published in Cell Metabolism
- April 2021: Publication on Significantly improved survival in Advanced Gastroesophageal Cancer by FMT; published in Clinical Cancer Research
- October 2020: Publication on Halting progression of Type 1 Diabetes by FMT; published in Gut
- March 2020: Publication on clinical Proof of Concept study of E. hallii product; published in NPJ Biofilms
- November 22, 2019: Caelus Health and Nestlé Health Science sign exclusive global development & option agreement
- May 22, 2018: Caelus Health, ProDigest, IBBL and BaseClear enter a European collaboration, PROMISE, aimed at preventing onset of type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
- January 26, 2017: Closing series A funding round
- April 29, 2016: Science publication on FMT-studies
- March 1, 2016: Caelus and AMC Amsterdam sign exclusive Option Agreement on FMT-studies